Bordering Tuscany, Umbria is often referred to as Italy’s green heart. The only Italian region that borders neither the sea or another country, it’s known for its medieval hill towns, dense forests, central Italy’s largest lake – Trasimeno, and its local cuisine, particularly foraged truffles and wines.
- Transfer Time: 25 minutes from Perugia Airport
- Bedrooms: Set over 3 floors there are 10 large bedrooms each featuring unique amenities and décor. Some have balconies, others have private terraces.
- Staff: Villa Management Couple who live on the estate, Head Chef, Sous Chef, kitchen staff and a sommelier. The housekeeping team provide a maid and laundry service twice daily. Garden staff and Spa Therapist (a la carte).
- Dining: Meals are served throughout the grounds from lake-view terraces, tables set up in the gardens, patios or cozy living areas. There is also a large, formal dining hall or the intimate chefs table in the kitchen. Food and beverages are not included in the cost. There is a daily per person supplement
- Spa: Spa (two treatment rooms), sauna, steam room, traditional Hammam. Gym
- Facilities: Large outdoor pool, 13 acres of enclosed formal gardens, WiFi throughout, entertainments centre in each bedroom, galleried library, billiards, pool, games room, American shuffleboard, grand piano, 16-seat cinema with vast movie library, secret wine cellar with tasting room, conservatory with wood burning fireplace, fire pit overlooking Lake Trasimeno. Helicopter pad.
- Activities: There are so many options that can be organised: Private winery visits, truffle hunting (in season), hot air ballooning, croquet on the lawns, tennis, basketball hoop, shoe-golf, Bocce court, guided tours of local towns, boat trips on the lake, personal shopping in Florence, as much or as little as you would like to do!
- Website: www.icappuccini.com