Amsterdam is known for its artistic heritage, elaborate canal system and narrow houses with gabled facades, legacies of the city’s 17th-century Golden Age. Cycling is key to the city’s character with 400km of cycle paths. Art lovers head to the Museum District to indulge in works by Rembrandt at the Rijksmuseum, the Van Gogh Museum and modern art at the Stedelijk.
- Location: De Pijp, Amsterdam's Latin Quarter
- Transfer time: 15 minutes from Schiphol Airport
- Suites: 294 rooms and 6 suites
- Dining: Ciel Bleu (2*), Serre Restaurant, Yamazoto (1*), Teppanyaki Restaurant Sazzanka (1*)
- Spa: Nagomi Spa & Health offering spa pool, steam, sauna, jacuzzi, gym and body treatments
- Website: www.okura.nl
The Conservatorium Hotel is located in the famous museum district, right opposite the Rijksmuseum, Van Gogh Museum and Stedelijk Museums. Built on the former site of the Sweelinck Conservatory of Music, the hotel combines a landmark heritage building with graceful, contemporary design and is perfectly placed for the city's designer shops, restaurants and cafés. The famous 17th-century gabled houses alongside the grand canals are within easy reach on foot or by bike.
Stay two nights in a Junior Suite with transfers from Amsterdam Airport and breakfast each morning: from £4,780 per person based on two passengers flying by Citation Mustang from East Midlands.
- Location: In the heart of the city's museum square (Museumplein)
- Transfer time: 20 minutes from Schiphol Airport
- Suites: 129 rooms and suites
- Dining: Taiko (Asian inspired), Brasserie and Tunes Bar
- Spa: 1,000 sq m Akasha Holistic Wellbeing Centre divided in to four areas corresponding with the elements of nature: Water (pool, hamam, sauna), Fire (gym and personal fitness), Air (ypga, pilates and meditation) and Earth (lounge with organic produce)
- Website: www.conservatoriumhotel.com