This corner of Spain has it all – rich Moorish heritage, beautiful national parks, empty white-sand beaches and delicious local produce. The 900km coastline has made it one of Europe’s favourite holiday destinations, but away from the beach there’s another world of picture-postcard mountain villages with meandering, cobbled streets and a slow pace of life which hardly seems to have changed for centuries.
- Location: Casares, one of the most picturesque villages in Andalucia
- Transfer time: Gibraltar Airport 30 minutes, Malaga Airport 40 minutes
- Suites: 67 rooms including 61 suites (four with private pool)
- Dining: Three restaurants including the fine-dining El Jardin do Lutz, Kabuki Raw, Don Giovani, The Blue Bar and the Beach Club
- Spa: 2,200 m2 Spa with indoor pool, treatment rooms, saunas, steam rooms, fitness room and Spain’s only snow cave.
- Facilities: WiFi, two outdoor pools (one Olympic size), 18-hole golf course, Jack Niklaus Golf Academy, sailing, deep sea fishing, shooting, water-skiing, windsurfing, polo, scuba diving, mountain bikes rental, whale & dolphin watching, private Beach Club.
- Website: www.fincacortesin.com