Few countries have a tourist image so plagued by cliché as Ireland, but when you peel away the mask, you will discover a kaleidoscope of lakes, mountains, rugged coastlines, medieval castles and early Christian monasteries. It really does offer the opportunity to escape the modern day world and indulge in old fashioned customs and hospitality.
- Location: County Mayo, Ireland
- Transfer Time: Ireland West Airport, Knock 55 minutes
- Suites: 71 unique guest rooms and 14 luxurious staterooms and suites
- Dining: Four main dining rooms: George V for fine dining, Cullens at the Cottage or the Dungeon and Connaughts for Afternoon Tea.
- Spa: 5 Spa treatment rooms, Hammam, steam room, fitness centre
- Family Facilities: Large family suites, junior guests’ menu, board and card games, DVDs, LEGO, Butler (surcharge), babysitters, cots and bedding, children’s afternoon tea, treasure hunts, movie matinees and more.
- Activities: Equestrian centre, falconry, golf, fishing, clay pigeon shooting, archery, tennis, lake and river fishing, 32 seat cinema, billiards room, cycling in the 350 acres of ancient woodland, kayaking, boat trips.
- Website: www.ashfordcastle.com