The remote yet captivating heel of Italy’s boot has 800km of stunning coastline. Two seas meet here: the Adriatic to the east and the Ionian to the south. It dramatically combines sun-bleached landscapes, hill-top coastal towns and Baroque churches. Popular with Italians, in some places it can be gloriously rare to hear a foreign voice.
- Location: 5 minutes from local fishing village of Savelletri
- Transfer Time: 45 minutes from Bari or Brindisi Airports
- Accomodation: 63 rooms and suites and 28 villas with private pools. Private villas.
- Children: Crèche within the kids club for babies and under-3s (book ahead in high season). Trullalleri Kids Club (3-12yrs). Indoor and outdoor areas, lots of toys. One member of staff per two children. Activities include: theatre workshops, dancing, face painting, bracelet-making, cookery classes, tennis, swimming, bike rides, trips to the zoo and trips to the local ruins. Staff help children put on productions and plays in the evenings. Lunch & dinner can also be provided. For teens: Games room with a Wii, Xbox, ping pong, beach toys table football, bikes (and helmets), board games, trampoline. Babysitting. Baby monitors are free to borrow.
- Dining: Restaurant (with four dining options) and Beach Club (10 mins drive). Special children’s menus at Due Camini and packed lunches can be provided.
- Spa: Egnathia Spa with ten treatment rooms, bath scrub rooms, body treatments, gym, yoga studio
- Facilities: Playground, cookery classes, horse riding, tennis academy, water sports
- Website: www.borgoegnazia.com