This corner of Spain has it all – rich Moorish heritage, beautiful national parks, empty white-sand beaches and delicious local produce. The 900km coastline has made it one of Europe’s favourite holiday destinations, but away from the beach there’s another world of picture-postcard mountain villages with meandering, cobbled streets and a slow pace of life which hardly seems to have changed for centuries.
- Location: Casares, one of the most picturesque villages in Andalucia
- Transfer time: Gibraltar Airport 30 minutes, Malaga Airport 40 minutes
- Suites: 67 rooms including 61 suites (four with private pool)
- Dining: 3 first class restaurants; Michelin starred Japanese Kabuk Raw, traditional Spanish restaurant, El Jardin del Lutz with chef, Lutz Bozing and the Don Giovanni, Italian restaurant. The restaurants are seasonal
- Spa: 2,200 m2 Spa with indoor pool, treatment rooms, saunas, steam rooms, fitness room and Spain’s only snow cave. New Thai Spa. Gym.
- Golf: Ranked as one of Spain’s best courses and home of three Volvo World Match play Championships. Jack Niklaus Golf Academy.
- Facilities: Four pools (one Olympic size plus one indoor), sailing, deep sea fishing, shooting, water-skiing, windsurfing, polo, scuba diving, mountain bikes rental, whale & dolphin watching, private Beach Club.
- Website: www.fincacortesin.com